I enjoy being a part of supporting and changing thought patterns and feelings toward various learning areas. Seeing strategies being used that a child may have learnt through our sessions and a growing confidence in their learning! I really thrive on developing a meaningful relationship with the child. It paves the way for fostering and sharing my love of learning and making connections that helps things make sense for them. No subject area can be seen in isolation, so EVERYTHING can be connected in some way!
- Classroom 7 years
- Tutoring 1 year
- Bachelor of Education (Specialising in Montessori Education)
- Currently undertaking a Post Graduate Diploma of Primary Education (Montessori 6-12 years)
What I believe makes a good Tutor:
- The ability to cater for and adapt to the individual needs of the child. Finding a way to connect meaningfully to the child and their parents / guardians.
- Taking into consideration the whole child and respecting their learning journey.
- Continually developing one’s self to improve upon and learn current / best practices.
- Having a real love of learning, helping children & supporting parents & other educators involved in a child’s life!
What are your top study tips for Students?
- Keep an organised and clean workspace.
- Ensure that you have prepare yourself for learning. Take a break and move your body, sip water, nourish your brain with a healthy snack.
What are your top study tips for Parents?
- Support instructions and information visually and orally, try supporting their learning with ‘real world’ connections.
- Remember your child may not learn and think like you, so be patient, learning takes time and occurs in all different forms at various times.
What book would you recommend to your Students?
Books by Morris Gleitzman