Tutoring is an art of helping students achieve their goals in a planned way. The thing that I enjoy the most about tutoring is offering a new perspective to the subject being studied. Being a tutor, I enjoy listening to the different opinions students may have and sharing my knowledge further.
- Classroom 2.5 years
- Tutoring 3 years
- Currently studying, Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Accelerated) at University of Sunshine Coast
- Scored 90% in Grade 12 at CBSE, India (equivalent to 98 ATAR in Australia)
- Topper of Biology (93%) and Physics (95%) in Grade 12
- 10 CGPA in CBSE at Grade 10
- 10 CGPA in English, Mathematics & Science
What I believe makes a good Tutor:
A tutor is a person who is a part of student’s journey of success and failure. So in order to be part of this journey, and make them successful, a good tutor should have sound knowledge of the subject that he/she is teaching to their students. Not only this, but the tutor should also have good communication skills in order to convey their knowledge effectively. Students are under constant pressure to perform better, to be able to comfort students and understand them, a tutor should be friendly. A good tutor understands what the student is going through and adapts to different teaching strategies according to the student. So, I believe a good tutor should be knowledgeable, friendly, understanding, supportive and empathetic.
What are your top study tips for Students?
- Start preparing early.
- Practice under mock exam conditions.
What are your top study tips for Parents?
- Have a weekly planner for your children.
- Keep distractions away while they are studying.
What book would you recommend to your Students?
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success by John C. Maxwell