I am from Japan and have lived in Australia for seven years studying and also working/volunteering in the Wildlife Educational Field.
I am a full-time university student at the University of Sunshine Coast, studying a Master of Teaching (Secondary).
I’ve been passionate about animals all my life. In 2015, I completed a Bachelor of Science at James Cook University. I am especially passionate about tutoring general science subjects (Biology and Chemistry) and Mathematics.
My ultimate goal is to share my passion and experiences through fieldwork and volunteering to support students to engage and gain interest in these subjects, as well as to achieve higher academic outcomes for the student. Moreover, I can provide Japanese tutoring to improve grammar, vocabulary and speaking.
I enjoy seeing the improvements that students have made through my tutoring or teaching. Improvements include: understanding the concept or to become confident to express their knowledge and skills.
- Classroom 6 months
- Tutoring 1 year
- Currently studying a Master of Teaching for Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Science (Zoology)
- International Baccalaureate Program Graduate
What are your top study tips for Students?
- Hands-on, contextualised learning.
- Practice and thinking through different perspectives (do not stick to one method, explore).
What are your top study tips for Parents?
- Let the children be responsible for their learning.
- Provide opportunity for exploring different things to experience and learn.
What book would you recommend to your Students?
Encyclopedias, lots of text and pictures.